Solar panels work on orientations facing East to West, the closer your panels are orientated to south the more power they will generate. The panels can be located on the pitched roof of your house or garage (that’s your normal slate or tiled roof), a flat roof or even on a ground mounted frame in your garden.
To find out exactly how much power you will get from a proposed PV system we can generate a computer simulation specifically for the various options of your home. These options vary in size and functionality e.g. a small PV system 7 or 8 PV panels to run your house during the day, 14 or 20 panel systems with a battery storage system and a hot water diverter which would give your home enough power to run your house during the day and evening time with any surplus power being used to generate hot water.
Interesting facts and figures……….
- A standard sized PV panel can generate 310watts, and every 1000 watts installation on your home (3.3panels approx.) will generate 850kWh (850 units of electricity) per year.
- The average power usage of a house in Ireland is between 4500kWh and 6000kWh/ year.
- A 14 panel PV system can generate up to 3700 kWh/year (3700 units of electricity/year). That’s between 60% and 80% of your electrical demand for your home per year!
- Our solar panels are made in Slovenia by a company called Bisol Solar, they have a 15 year product warranty and a 25 year performance warranty.
- Every solar panel is 1650mm x 991mm (that’s 6 rows of tiles long x 3 tiles left to right)
- Our standard battery can store 5.7kWh of power and is one of the biggest battery storage units on the market in Ireland
- Solar Home is Ireland’s longest established solar panel installation company